The Beginning of the Church
- To whom was the book of Acts dedicated? What had the author
written about in the first book dedicated to this person?
- For how long a period after His resurrection did Jesus appear
to His disciples?
- In context, what had the Father promised that the apostles
were supposed to wait for? When would it happen?
- Where did Jesus tell His apostles that they would testify
- How did Jesus leave this earth? How will He come back?
- How many people and what types of people were in the upper room?
- What qualifications did the replacement for Judas have to
- What two men were put forward as possible apostles to replace
Judas? Which one was chosen?
- What happened that was unusual on the Day of Pentecost?
- Why were the crowds in Jerusalem amazed at what was
- What false explanation did some give for what was happening?
Could it have accounted for what was happening? Why or why
not? Why did Peter say it was unreasonable?
- What did Peter say was happening? What prophet did he quote
to prove his point?
- What four things did Peter say was God's part in the life of
- Where did Peter say that Jesus' soul was not left? What did
the Psalm that he quoted say would happen to the body of
God's Holy One?
- Could the psalmist have been talking about himself in saying
the above? Why or why not? To what does Peter say the
psalmist was referring?
- What four things did Peter say that God had done to Jesus
after His death?
- What was the crowd's reaction to Peter's sermon?
- What two commands did Peter give the crowd? What two things
did he promise them if they obeyed?
- Who and how many were baptized on that day?
- To what four things did these new Christians devote
- What kinds of activities characterized the early Christians?
- Who was God adding to the church and how often?
http://www.bterry.com/acts-rev/acts1-2.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/acts-rev/acts1-2.htm
Last updated on January 11, 2008
Page maintained by
Copyright © 1995-2008 Bruce Terry