DIVISIONS and WISDOM
1 Corinthians 1:1-4:17
- What kind of divisions did the church at Corinth have?
- What kinds of arguments does Paul make to convince them that
they should not be divided?
- Was the Christ group a part of the quarreling?
- What does God think about human wisdom?
- What kind of people did God choose to be saved and why?
- What should Christians brag about?
- What is it that the rulers of this age did not understand?
- Who understands the thoughts of God?
- In what sort of words should we speak to express spiritual
- Can a person who does not have God's Spirit really understand
what the Bible teaches? Why?
- How does this section on wisdom fit in with the overall theme
of division in chapters 1-4?
- Why did Paul call the Corinthians "babes in Christ?"
- If Paul and Apollos were not leaders of Christian divisions,
what were they? How does this relate to the discussion
about the wisdom of God and the wisdom of men?
- Is the temple referred to in 3:16-17 the same as the temple
in 6:19? Why?
- Who did all the Corinthians belong to? What is the
difference between the statements in 3:23 and 1:12?
- What principle did Paul want the Corinthians to learn from
the illustrations about himself and Apollos? How could this
principle prevent division?
http://www.bterry.com/actstorev/1cor1-4.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/actstorev/1cor1-4.htm
Last updated on January 27, 2005
Page maintained by
Copyright © 1995-2005 Bruce Terry