Thessalonian and Pastoral Epistles
1 & 2 Thessalonians
- What were the points of the gospel that Paul preached and the Thessalonians believed?
- What instructions does Paul give about working and depending on others?
- What will happen to Christians who are still alive at Christ's second coming?
- What analogy does Paul use to explain how some people are going to be surprized at Christ's second coming? Will Christians be surprized in the same way?
- What punishment will the wicked receive at the second coming of Christ?
- What must happen before Christ will come again?
- What are the characteristics of the lawless one?
- What will happen to the lawless one at Christ's second coming?
- Why will some people be lost?
1 & 2 Timothy
- What should Christians' attitude and practice be toward the leaders of their country and why?
- What did Paul tell men and women, respectively, that each of them were to do? Thought question: Can you think of any reason(s) why he should give each of them the commands he does?
- What two reasons does Paul give as to why a woman should not teach the scriptures publicly?
- Should a bishop be married or unmarried? Can he be divorced? Why?
- How does Paul say that some will depart from the faith? What specific things will they forbid?
- How must Christians treat God's word?
- What is the value of the scriptures (i.e., what are they profitable for)?
- What activities are to characterize the life of a preacher?
- Why do people turn away from following the truth?
- Why did Paul leave Titus in Crete?
- By what did God save us?
- What metaphor does Paul use in Titus to describe the Christians' reception of the Holy Spirit?
- What should Christians' attitude toward a person who wants to cause trouble in a church be? What does God think of such a person?
http://www.bterry.com/actstorev/thespast.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/actstorev/thespast.htm
Last updated on June 8, 2005
Page maintained by
Copyright © 1995-2005 Bruce Terry