1 & 2 Timothy
- What should Christians' attitude and practice be toward the
leaders of their country and why?
- Jesus said that only a few people would find the narrow path.
Is it God's wish just to save a few people? Why or why not?
- What are two functions that Jesus has played with respect to
God and man?
- What did Paul tell men and women, respectively, that each of
them were to do? Thought question: Can you think of any
reason(s) why he should give each of them the commands he
- What two reasons does Paul give as to why a woman should not
teach the scriptures publicly?
- Should a bishop be married or unmarried? Can he be divorced?
- What reasons does Paul give that a bishop a) should keep his
children submissive; b) should not be a recent convert;
c) should be well thought of by outsiders?
- How do the qualifications for deacon differ from those of a
- Thought question: "Women" in 3:11 could refer to either "wives
of deacons" or "women deacons." What reasons can you think
of that would support each understanding?
- How does Paul say that some will depart from the faith? What
specific things will they forbid?
- Why should Christians learn to be content with what they
have? What is the problem with wanting to have money?
- Thought question: What is the good confession of 6:12-13?
- How must Christians treat God's word?
- Is it possible to look religious without being religious?
- What is the value of the scriptures?
- What activities are to characterize the life of a preacher?
- Why do people turn away from following the truth?
- How does Paul characterize his life? What is his reward?
http://www.bterry.com/actstorev/timothy.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/actstorev/timothy.htm
Last updated on January 27, 2005
Page maintained by
Copyright © 1995-2005 Bruce Terry