Grunlan and Mayers
- What kind of group is the opposite of an overlapping group?
- What are two kinds of overlapping groups?
- Who makes up the household in the following cultures?
- Hopi Indians of Arizona
- Tanala of Madagascar
- Ashanti of Ghana
- Tallensi of Ghana
- What are four levels of community smaller than cities?
- What are the sections in town of Spanish background called?
- What part of the world's population live in cities?
- What are four possible ways of tracing one's decent lines?
- Among the Black Caribs of Central America, who goes to bed
after a child is born?
- How is female participation in religion different in the
cultures of the Australian aborigines and the Isnew of the
- When are children in Hopi society initiated into the secrets
of the Hopi religion? What happens in these ceremonies?
- How is a good servant in the Philippines supposed to react
when spoken to?
- How do Asians often seem to North Americans? How do North
American often seem to Asians?
- What do Filipinos do to show their acceptance of a person?
http://www.bterry.com/anthropology/grunlan/chapter10.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/anthropology/grunlan/chapter10.htm
Last updated on September 1, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2000 Bruce Terry