Grunlan and Mayers
- What two concepts does Goldschmidt distinguish between as
regards social control?
- What are four factors identified by Gergen that produce
- What kind of relationship exists between the upper and lower
classes in Spanish society?
- What are three levels of social control mechanisms?
- How did the American Indians described by Lowie enforce mores?
- What are four negatives associated with norms?
- What does Cohen call behavior that violates normative rules?
- What are five modes of adaptation to cultural goals and means?
- What are three negatives of deviant behavior?
- What are seven beneficial results of deviance?
- What are two bases on which government is organized?
- What are four levels of governmental organization?
- What is the danger of a missionary trying to transplant a
democratic system among the people where he is working?
http://www.bterry.com/anthropology/grunlan/chapter11.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/anthropology/grunlan/chapter11.htm
Last updated on September 1, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2000 Bruce Terry