Grunlan and Mayers
- What do myths deal with?
- What four major events in the life cycle are often marked by
- What are the six basic cultural functions of religion listed
- What do Navajos see nature as being in? What causes problems?
- What do Hindus believe happens after death?
- What two terms describe the Hindu concept of God?
- Who do animists believe have souls? How long do they exist?
- What does the term "mana" refer to?
- What is "totemism"?
- What is a "taboo"?
- What distinction do Grunlan and Mayers draw between religion
- What are two kinds of magic?
- What are three possible explanations of why magic sometimes
works? Thought question: What is a fourth explanation?
- What is magic that is used for antisocial or aggressive
http://www.bterry.com/anthropology/grunlan/chapter12.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/anthropology/grunlan/chapter12.htm
Last updated on September 1, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2000 Bruce Terry