Grunlan and Mayers
- What is one way that Bulgarian culture differs from some Asia
- What other two sciences besides anthropology make up the
- What are the three divisions of anthropology?
- From what two Greek words is the word "anthropology" derived
and what are their meanings?
- What kind of approach does anthropology use that makes it
different from the other behavioral sciences?
- What are six methodologies of science that anthropology uses?
- How do Grunlan and Mayers define "culture"?
- What is Tylor's classical definition of "culture"?
- What are two smaller subdivisions of culture?
- What is a subculture?
- What seven needs did Malinowski identify that all people
- What three factors is food production dependent upon?
- What two factors is the choice of type of shelter based upon?
- Among the Palauans of the South Pacific, what were three
incentives to engage in warfare, and which was the most
- Which of Malinowski's needs have to do with the life cycle?
- According to Malinowski's Permanent Vital Sequence, what is a
basic difference between drives and behavior?
http://www.bterry.com/anthropology/grunlan/chapter2.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/anthropology/grunlan/chapter2.htm
Last updated on September 1, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2000 Bruce Terry