Grunlan and Mayers
- What inate ability does Chomsky suggest that humans have?
- What three reasons does Chomsky give to support his
- What do anthropologists label the process of initially
acquiring a culture? What equivalent term do sociologists
- What are the two aspects of the enculturation process?
- Who besides parents may care for children?
- What are two styles of education?
- What are three rites of passage associated with the birth of a
- What are three cultures which practice or practiced couvade?
- How do the Trobrianders explain the conception of a child?
- When do the Ashanti of Ghana and the Swazi of East Africa
consider that a baby becomes a human being, respectively?
- What is the process of learning a second culture called?
- How do Grunlan and Mayers define culture shock and culture
- How does assimilation differ from acculturation?
- What term is used to describe a feeling that one's own
culture is superior to others?
- What two terms are used to apply to individuals who can
function equally well in two langauges or two cultures?
http://www.bterry.com/anthropology/grunlan/chapter4.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/anthropology/grunlan/chapter4.htm
Last updated on September 1, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2000 Bruce Terry