Grunlan and Mayers
- How do Grunlan and Mayers define status?
- Give some examples of how status is shown in the United
- How is status shown among the following peoples:
- in New Guinea?
- Bantus in Zaire?
- Asari of New Guinea?
- How do Grunlan and Mayers define role?
- How might the role of a nurse change if she or he goes to
another part of the world?
- What are five determining factors for ascribed status?
- What are some examples of role reversal in different cultures
based on gender?
- What is primogeniture?
- What is a caste system?
- Give examples of some statuses that are achieved?
- What are three avenues of upward mobility in traditional
- By what term is movement up or down the status hierarchy
- How did the British create role conflict in Uganda?
- What are two ways of resolving role conflict?
- What are three mental processes by which people ordinarily
resolve role conflict?
- How does status impact Christianity in a society?
- What factors lead to stratification into social classes?
(N.B. the answer is found in more than one place)
http://www.bterry.com/anthropology/grunlan/chapter7.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/anthropology/grunlan/chapter7.htm
Last updated on September 1, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2000 Bruce Terry