Grunlan and Mayers
- What do strangers among the aborigines of Australia first do
when they meet one another?
- What kind of political structure do the Nuer of the Sudan
- What are three kinds of kinship ties? To what do each refer?
- What are four examples of fictive ties? Where are each found?
- What shapes are used to represent males and females in a
kinship diagram? What shape is sometimes used to represent
an unspecified ego?
- What are two kinds of families?
- What are two types of kin terms?
- What are the old and new shorthand symbols for each of the
- What are three ways of counting descent?
- To whose social position does a man among the Trobriand
- What are three types of kinship groups?
- What are three types of kinship systems?
- What are three functions of kinship systems?
http://www.bterry.com/anthropology/grunlan/chapter9.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/anthropology/grunlan/chapter9.htm
Last updated on September 1, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2000 Bruce Terry