Bible 422: Church Growth and Planting
Return to Syllabus
Study Guide: Doctrine Really Matters
Chapter 6 of
Surprising Insights from the Unchurched
1. What does Rainer call doctrine?
2. Who indicated more interest in doctrine, formerly unchurched or longer-term Christians?
3. To what kind of churches were the formerly unchurched attracted?
4. What four distinctive features of conservative churches did Dean Kelly describe?
5. What reason did the formerly unchurched give as to why doctrine was so important to them?
6. What were the formerly unchurched more cognizant of than the transfer churched?
7. What three issues did the formerly unchurched sense about pastors and their doctrine?
8. What three reasons does Rainer give as to why the formerly unchurched were attracted to churches with doctrinal conviction?
9. What two things did churches that attracted the formerly unchurched not think were mutually exclusive?
Last Updated April 28, 2009
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2009 Bruce Terry