Bible 422: Church Growth and Planting
Return to Syllabus
Study Guide: Relationships That Click
Chapter 3 of
Surprising Insights from the Unchurched
1. In Barna's study of 22 factors that were important to people currently attending a church, which was the highest ranked factor? The third most important? The eighth most important?
2. In Barna's study of 22 factors that were important to people currently attending a church, what were the 13 factors which less than 20% of the people said were extremely important?
3. In Barna's study of 22 factors that were important to people currently attending a church, what percentage said that the presence of good friends was extremely important?
4. What were the two significant differences between the results of Rainer's study and Arn's?
5. What percentage of the formerly unchurched said that relationships played a part in choosing a particular church? What percentage of the transfer churched said the same thing?
6. What four issues did the transfer churched say were more important than relationships in choosing a church?
7. What five conclusions did Rainer come to about the importance of relationships?
8. What proportion of the formerly unchurched indicated that they came to a church without any established relationships?
9. What kind of person was the most influential in persuading an unchurched person to come to church?
10. Which gender is most likely to be reached by relationships, male or female? Why?
11. What is today's paradigm about children's ministry?
12. Where do the most receptive unchurched people live?
Last Updated April 16, 2009
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2009 Bruce Terry