THE SIN OF DIVISION
- What did Jesus pray for before He died? John 17:20-21
- How many of the works of the flesh have to do with division?
List them. Gal. 5:19-21
- What can happen to those who bite and devour one another?
- What will happen to a person who is factious or divisive (a
heretic)? Titus 3:9-11
- How does Jude characterize a person who sets up divisions?
- What is God's plan for unity? Eph. 4:3-6
- What did Paul want the Corinthian church to do? I Cor. 1:10-13
- How does man's wisdom teach that people should act toward
Christian leaders? I Cor. 1:19-21 (thought question)
- When the Corinthians were arguing over who to follow, what
were they spiritually? I Cor. 3:1-4
- What does God's wisdom teach that Christian leaders are?
I Cor. 3:5-6
- What is the temple of God in I Cor. 3:16-17 and what will
happen to anyone who destroys it?
- Who does Paul say the Corinthians all belonged to? Do you
see a difference between this and what some of those at
Corinth were already saying about themselves? I Cor. 3:23
- What was Paul's solution to the division problem, so that
Christians would not be "puffed up" in favor of one over the
other? I Cor. 4:6
- Did Christ want the believers at Thyatira who did not believe
the false doctrines being taught to split off and form a
"true" or "loyal" church? Rev. 2:24
- What are Christians not supposed to argue over? Rom. 14:1
- How does God want us to live and what is the reason for this? Rom. 15:5-6
http://www.bterry.com/doctrine/division.htm hosted at http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/doctrine/division.htm
Last updated on March 21, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2003 Bruce Terry