Metzger pp. 129-135
- What critical edition of the Greek New Testament was published in 1881? Who were the editors? How many volumes did it contain?
- What two kinds of "Internal Evidence of Readings" did Hort identify?
- What did Hort say that a "community of reading" implies?
- What did Westcott and Hort call the four principal types of text that they distinguished?
- Which form of text did Westcott and Hort say was the latest?
- What did Hort say was a marked characteristic of the Western text?
- What two manuscripts did Westcott and Hort feel were closest to the autographs (original manuscripts)?
- What did Westcott and Hort label the places where they felt the Western text preserved the original reading?
- What do scholars today generally agree that one of the chief contributions of Westcott and Hort was?
- Who was a noted defender of the Textus Receptus against Westcott and Hort? What English translation did he fight against?
http://www.bterry.com/greek/tc/template.htm hosted at http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/greek/tc/template.htm
Last updated on March 2, 2004
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2004 Bruce Terry