- When did Streeter publish his work on the four gospels? Whose work did he build on?
- What new type of text did Streeter posulate? What uncial codex and what minuscule families belong to this text type?
- What two of Westcott and Hort's text types did Streeter join as one?
- Who did Streeter believe had produced the Byzantine text type and when was this adopted?
- After what century does Streeter say that Byzantine readings can be ignored?
- Into what two regions did Streeter divide the Western text type? What are the principal manuscripts of each region?
- Into what two regions did Streeter divide the Eastern type of text? What are the principal manuscripts of each? Which has no Greek manuscripts supporting it?
- What date did Streeter assigned to Lucian's Revised Text?
- What two things did Streeter believe should be considered in weighing the external evidence in favor of a reading?
- What manuscripts did Streeter say are the primary authorities from each region?
- Italy and Gaul
- How many leading representatives of a local text did Streeter believe needed to support a reading before it was unnecessary to cite additional evidence from that group?
http://www.bterry.com/greek/tc/mtnt169-173.htm hosted at http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/greek/tc/mtnt169-173.htm
Last updated on March 10, 2004
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2004 Bruce Terry