Metzger pp. 186-200
- What were four circular Greek letters that were often confused by scribes?
- What were three cross-bar Greek letters that were often confused by scribes?
- What Greek letter was confused with two lambdas? What with a lambda and iota?
- What kind of error is facilitated by homoeoteleuton? To what does homoeoteleuton refer?
- What is the error of copying something twice that occurs only once called?
- What three vowels and three regular diphthongs came to be all pronounced like the "ee" in "feet" in later Koiné Greek?
- What two sets of pronouns were often confused in manuscripts because of the preceeding pronunciations?
- What are four kinds of unintentional errors of the mind that Metzger lists?
- What two kinds of notes were written in the margins of manuscripts that led to copying mistakes?
- What atrocious blunder did the scribe of manuscript 109 make?
- What New Testament book contains many Semitisms and solecisms that scribes were often tempted to correct?
- What did scribes often try to do to discordant parallels and quotations?
- What words were often added to "the chief priests"? To "scribes"? To "Jesus"?
- What name did scribes substitute for Jeremiah in Matt. 27:9?
- What would scribes often do when they were aware of two variant readings for a passage they were copying?
http://www.bterry.com/greek/tc/mtnt186-200.htm hosted at http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/greek/tc/mtnt186-200.htm
Last updated on March 25, 2004
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2004 Bruce Terry