Metzger pp. 234-236, 238-239
- How many variations of Acts 20:28 exist in the manuscripts? Which two does Metzger say merit attention?
- How many letters difference between the two main readings of Acts 20:28 are there?
- Which of the two readings of Acts 20:28 is the more difficult?
- What are the two possible translations of the phrase containing the word "blood"?
- In what passage does Metzger think that the correct reading is preserved alone in the Koiné or Byzantine text?
- What are two reasons why "priests" might have been changed to "chief priests" in the above passage?
- What is a similar passage where Metzger says the "good" manuscripts have accidently omitted a verse?
http://www.bterry.com/greek/tc/mtnt234-239.htm hosted at http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/greek/tc/mtnt234-239.htm
Last updated on April 15, 2004
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2004 Bruce Terry