Introduction to Missions
Guidelines for World Evangelism
Chapter 3: Culture and Communication
- From what are cultural traits formed?
- What short definition of culture does Gurganus give?
- What are five characteristics of culture that Gurganus lists?
- What are three levels in which culture expresses itself?
- What are three possible views of reality that a culture (or
individual, against his culture) might hold?
- What are seven non-behavioral differences between a Christian
in the U.S. and a Hindu in India?
- Why would Hindus from India have trouble perceiving
missionaries as holy men?
- Is the world view of the secular American more like that of a
Christian in the U.S. or a Hindu in India?
- What are four possible adjustments to culture shock?
Last Updated September 11, 2002
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.