Introduction to Missions
Mission Methods: St. Paul's or Ours?
Chapters 7 and 8: Paul's Preaching and Teaching
- Which two of the four characteristics of Paul's preaching do
you feel are the most lacking today?
- Why does Allen not think that Paul's speeches at Lystra and
Athens were representative of Paul's gospel to the Gentiles?
- What was Paul's attitude and teaching as regards idolatry?
- Give one or two words to describe each of the nine elements of
Paul's preaching to the Thessalonians.
- How does Allen characterize faith in Christ? How does this
relate to baptism?
- What two fundamental doctrines that Paul taught does Allen say
have been lost in modern preaching?
- What expectation did Paul have when he preached?
- What was Paul's attitude toward rejection?
- How can authority in the hands of the missionary hurt mission
- What do modern missionaries often establish that Paul did
- How long did it usually take Paul to establish a church?
Does Allen feel this period of time was a help or a
- What writings did Paul leave with his converts?
Last Updated September 11, 2002
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.