Hosea to Micah
- What did God tell Hosea to name his children and why? (Hosea 1)
- What did Hosea pay to get Gomer back? Under what agreement did Hosea take Gomer back? (Hosea 3)
- In the context of Hosea 11, who is the son that God called out of Egypt? Thought question: What is a little strange about this metaphor in the book of Hosea?
- What questions that Paul quotes are asked of death and Sheol? (Hosea 13)
- What four kinds of locust were invading the land? (Joel 1)
- What passage from Joel does Peter quote on the day of Pentecost? (Joel 2)
- What does Joel say that is the opposite of Isaiah 2 and Micah 4? (Joel 3) What is the difference?
- What imagery from Joel 3 gets picked up in the book of Revelation?
- What metaphor does God use to describe the women of Samaria? Why was God upset with them? (Amos 4)
- What did God want Israel to prepare for? (Amos 4)
- What parable is given to show that there will be no escape from the day of the Lord? (Amos 5)
- What was God's attitude toward feast, sacrifices, and songs? (Amos 5)
- Why was God upset over those at ease in Zion? (Amos 6)
- What answer did Amos give Amaziah when he wanted him to stop prophesying in Israel? (Amos 7)
- Why did the Israelites want the Sabbath to be over? (Amos 8)
- What had deceived the Edomites and why? (Obadiah)
- What had the Edomites done against the Israelites? What was to happen to them as a result? (Obadiah)
- How did Jonah try to avoid obeying God? (Jonah 1)
- What was the spiritual result of the sailors throwing Jonah off the ship? (Jonah 1)
- What was the result of Jonah's preaching in Nineveh: a) as far as the people were concerned? b) as far as God was concerned? (Jonah 3)
- What reason did Jonah give for fleeing to Tarshish? (Jonah 4)
- The Isaiah 2 parallel: (Micah 4)
- When shall the mountain of the house of the Lord be established?
- What shall the nations/Gentiles do?
- Where shall the law/word of the Lord go out from?
- Into what shall men make swords and spears?
- Rather than sacrifices, what does the Lord require of people? (Micah 6)
- What kind of rivalries will arise in a household? Along what lines are they all formed? (Micah 7)
http://www.bterry.com/otsurvey/hosea.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/otsurvey/hosea.htm
Last updated on December 10, 2012
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2012 Bruce Terry