Scripture Search On Prophets
Note: God speaks to us all through His word. People to whom God speaks directly, by putting the words directly in their head, are called prophets.
- In what two situations were the Israelites told not to listen to a person who claimed to be a prophet?
- Deut. 13:1-3
- Deut. 18:22
- From what four sources did God tell Jeremiah that the prophets of his time were getting their prophecies?
- Jer. 23:16
- Jer. 23:26
- Jer. 23:27-28
- Jer. 23:30
- What did God call the prophesies of most of the prophets of Jeremiah's time? Jer. 27:14-15
- What kind of prophecy did Jeremiah tell Hananiah that one could not be sure about until it happened? What did prophets usually prophesy about? Jer. 28:8-9
- Should a person trust his or her own heart? Why or why not? Jer. 17:9
- What things did God say that he would remove from the land? Zech. 13:2
- What kind of prophets did Jesus say would come? Matt. 24:24
- What did John say one was to do to the prophets? I John 4:1
- Some people say that the word "when" in I Cor. 13:10 means that prophecy will not pass away (cf. v. 8) until Jesus comes. Does "when" imply this? (Hint: compare the second "when" in verse 11)
- For whose benefit did prophets usually speak? I Pet. 1:12
Last updated on July 16, 1999
Page maintained by